Nov 2, 2013

Day 2/30

DAY 2/30


Title: "Soar"
Media: graphite, colored pencils, gesso, watercolors; digital collage
Size: 11 inches by 14 inches
© 2013 by Martice Smith II.

The theme for WEEK 1 is: {Artist Discovery}

 I'm still considering DAY 2 a "work in progress" because I feel like my vision hasn't fully emerged to the surface, yet. These are the few areas I'd like to refine:

the shadow areas in the face and around the head

integrate more words, doodles and splashes of ink

experiment with different effects on the lettering


Here are some detail shots from DAY 2/30




This illustration came from the idea of following my dreams and "dream-catching". (Did you see the dream catcher in this illustration?)

• • • • • • •           • • • • • • • • • • • • •           • • • • • • • • • • • • •           • • • • • • • • • • • • •      


Great news: tomorrow, Sunday, November 3rd, I'll be having a G I V E A W A Y!!! If you are a Subscriber to receive my free, mixed-media newsletter, you've already earned ONE entry! How cool is that?!

You can grab more entries tomorrow, so don't miss out! Meet me back here OR join me on my Facebook fan page at Martice Smith II - Illustration and look for the contest form


Did you miss yesterday's illustration, DAY 1/30? No problem! * * Click here to see it! 



What recent accomplishment are you proud of? I'd love to hear about it :-)


1 comment:

  1. Why do I think of Jay z when I c this one. ... lol. .. also reminds me of kings and queens

    ReplyDelete

The best conversation happens in the comments section!