Nov 16, 2013

Day 16/30 {WEEK 3/THEME: Travel}

Day 16/30

Welcome to WEEK 3 of my 30 day art challenge!

If there was any place in the world you'd want to travel to, where would you go?

I have a very loooong list of places I want to explore. Just because I may not have the money to go right now, why would that stop me?! I believe that God will make a way for me to travel around the world, someday. Wouldn't it be great if my art took me there? HECK YEAH! Let's go now...come along with me!

Today, I've packed my imagination and I'm heading out. Here's a quick, little illustration I did today:

This illustration is packed with contour line drawings, to give a sense of dynamic movement. Photography (the cityscape in the background) has also been incorporated. I experimented with the value scale and decided to have the majority of the work in values of gray and the burst of colors from the personality of the figure. I really like how you can see the city through her tank top and through the windows of the bus!
Title: "Are We There Yet?!"
Media: graphite, colored pencils, cut paper collage, vellum, photography, watercolors and ink pen on watercolor paper and digital collage.
Size: 4 inches by 6 inches
© 2013 by Martice Smith II.


I LVE traveling- and I especially love road trips. When I was growing up, my mother, twin brother and I would travel often, just for our "family fun time" (as we call it). Although I've never been outside of the USA, it has been a dream of mine's to do so. I know, without a doubt, that I get my "traveling bug" from my Mama!

During WEEK 3, we'll be taking our very own, mini excursions via internet! This means, we're simply going, WHEREVER we want to go on a ticket from the world wide web! Oh, and the best part? IT'S TOTALLY FREE!
"If you see it {your dreams} in your mind, the hardest part has already been done. The second hardest, for most people, is to say 'I'm going'." ~ Martice Smith II


What about you, my friend? Where do you see yourself going? When you get there, what things will you do? (Don't tell me any negative stuff- 'cause I'm not having it!)

Peace,


No comments:

Post a Comment

The best conversation happens in the comments section!